Foot Reflexology and Pregnancy
Pregnancy, be it your first or otherwise, is one of the most cherished periods in a woman’s life. The months of anticipation, preparation, moments of anxiety then the relief are all experiences that just cannot be expressed. To make this period healthy and satisfying, a complimentary therapy like foot reflexology and greatly enhance your experience as an expectant mom.
Here are some of the symptoms that most expectant mothers have found relief by indulging in regular sessions of reflexology.
Mothers who have taken Regular Foot Reflexology sessions during pregnancy, have reported that besides having an easier delivery, they have experienced relief with the following symptoms:
- Nausea & Morning sickness
- Vascular Headaches & other minor aches and pains
- Oedema / Water accumulation in the feet
- Mood swings/emotional well-being, hormonal imbalances
- Groin, ligament, rib, pelvic & symphysis pubis pain
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Managing high or low blood pressure
- Frequent micturition; diarrhoea or constipation and IBS
- De-toxfication of the entire body
- Helps in lactation
- Post pregnancy oedema
- Postpartum depression
However please be advised in case of a delicate / critical pregnancy, please consult your Gyneaecologist.
We at Footworks, also do not advise a Back massage in the entire duration of the pregnancy and also reflexology in the first Trimester